Skincare: The secret to beautiful Makeup



Hello girls,

Makeup can be a savior! it can magically make your pores/nose appear smaller, skin look more even and make you feel like a beautiful princess BUT without proper care makeup can ruin you. This is where skincare comes into context. Skincare is VERY important for flawless skin and amazing makeup application, especially foundation. Foundation can make your skin appear more flawless and even but if your base/skin under it isn't clean then it could make the foundation appear dry and not very flattering.

What I do to take care of my skin:

I do ALOT to take care of my skin as I don't like wearing makeup on a daily bases. This post could potentially be a very LONG post but I want to keep it short and sweet.

1. Steaming - this helps to lift off all the dirt from the skin and open the pores to prepare for skincare products. Fill up a large bowl with hot (don't burn yourself) water and get a towel and place it over your head and the bowl for 5 minutes.

2. Masks - Applying a mask is great straight after steaming. You can buy already made masks or just use the ingredients in your kitchen to make your own (which is the option I go for). If you would like me to share my recipes let me know (I have soooo many to share).

3. Exfoliating - A lot of people seem to think its not a good idea to exfoliate daily, in my opinion it depends on how and what you use to exfoliate. A natural and less aggressive option is mixing sugar with honey, a very gently way to exfoliate the dead skin and replenish the moisture to your skin.

4. Moisturizing - After this I usually apply my FAVOURITE CHEAP cream by boots - a cucumber moisturizer for all skin types Boots cucumber moisturizing cream. I honestly cannot believe how effective this cream is and how affordable it is.

This is what I do at least twice a week. I have also recently added a step 5 which is something really exciting. DERMAROLLING! - I apply my  L'Oreal advanced correcting serumand derma roll. Dermarolling is when you use a tool which has really small needles, and roll it around your face. It creates micro holes on your face allowing the skin care products to be easily absorbed. I will be doing a review on this in a couple of months (inshallah).


Thanks for reading. (thank you Mariam for the blog post idea)

P.s. Boots is having a 3for2 deal on their skincare products RIGHT NOW )

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment